Catrice Illuminating Blushes


I've sung many praises to the Catrice Defining Blushes, which are my favourite powder blushes ever, so I was pretty excited when I heard the news of Catrice adding a new line of blushes to their standard range, but this time the illuminating kind. Two shades out of three that are available are a part of my collection -  Coral Me Maybe and I'm Nuts About You.


Catrice gave these an eye-catching 3D pattern, with rhombi in two hues of the same colour. They are described as illuminating, so I expected a very luminous/shimmery finish, which honestly kind of scared me a bit, however, the illuminating finish is very, very subtle, actually pretty much almost non existent. I obviously don't mind that because I hate how shimmer always shows up under artificial light, but some might find it a bit disappointing. 

The pigmentation differs between these two shades. Coral Me Maybe is the weak link here, though I notice that now that the top layer has gone, it's performance is better. I'm Nuts about You has a wonderful pigmentation and needs little building up (I'm using quite a fluffy, soft brush at the moment for application).


I wore Coral Me Maybe on one cheek and Pink feat. Coral from the Defining Blushes range on the other to check how they compare in terms of staying power. As I've mentioned in my previous reviews, Defining blushes last an impressive amount of time on my cheeks. I find that Illuminating blushes are not as long lasting as Defining Blushes, but they still last a fair amount of time on my cheeks.

010 I'm Nuts About You

Well I sure am nuts about this shade. It's a natural, slightly pinkish warm shade. It's so strange that the colours I'd least expect, become my favourite, I suppose I should just stop with the peachy-pinks and switch to natural shades completely. You may know of my "slight obsession" with the Rose Royce shade from Defining Blushes line - this is similar. Again it looks dull in the pan, but on the cheeks, sweet mother of blushes, it's bloody amazing. Basically I've been wearing it every day, since I grabbed it at the Essence event. I actually paused in front of a mirror in H&M and gasped at how adorable my flushed cheeks looked when I was wearing it in combination with MATTraction lipstick. Do give this a swatch the next time you're near a Catrice stand.



020 Coral Me Maybe

Coral me Maybe is a classic peachy-pink shade, one of so many on the market, not to mention in my collection, yet I think this is the shade that most would pick up first from the stand. I've had it for weeks now (I picked it up the moment these reached our drugstores) and from the start it had an unflattering yellowish sheen that clashed with my skin tone, but once the top layer was gone, the sheen disappeared. Perhaps it was just an over-spray. Now it's an adorable shade that gives that baby doll cheeks effect, but it's still a more muted version of the brighter Pink feat. Coral from the Defining Blush range. When I swatched this in the shop it appeared that it has the weakest pigmentation of the three shades available, however, it still shows up well on my cheeks (but, I'm super pale)


These cost 5.29 € and I believe they can only be found on the 2 m long Catrice stands, though I could be mistaken.

My choice is definitely I'm Nuts About You - I utterly adore it. Coral Me Maybe is cute, but maybe a bit too generic for my taste, which begs the question why I picked it up first. However, if you don't have a peachy-pink shade in your collection, it's worth picking up, though I think that Pink feat.Coral from Defining Blushes is better and almost 2 € cheaper. These aren't better than Defining Blushes in any respect, even the finish is similar despite the illuminating label, but they are great drugstore blushes nonetheless.  

Have a great day!