Artdeco High Precision Liquid Liner


This is the most perplexing liner I've ever had. I write reviews in advance and I've had one version of this starting with: "I hate this." It has been such a struggle because for quite a while it didn't work at all and even now it doesn't work the way it should, or at least the way the tester in the shop indicated. Someone told me this is their favourite liner, so I'm thinking I might have got a faulty one because it's just not possible that the product in the shop performed so differently. 


The formula has a fatal flaw - it dries too fast. This means that though you are able to do a nice line within seconds after you open it, when you get to the flick, it's already too dry. Drying time also affects the ability to fix the line. If you go over the line again to fill in the gaps or make it more even, the liner just flakes off where the applicator touches it. This results in a patchy, uneven application and no chance to do a flick. The formula also dries too fast on the nib, so it prevents the formula to saturate the nib quickly enough because what's on the applicator dries in contact with air, which appears to create a barrier for a fresh pack of formula. The more I shake it, the less I think is actually on there. You can do a line when you open the lid and the formula is still fresh, however, the line must be perfect and done quickly. Now either I'm an idiot and I did something wrong from the start and that's why it's not working the way it should or maybe mine just faulty. But for this price I expect it to work flawlessly, so better than L'Oreal's, which is still functional enough after more than half a year. 


I tried everything, I even left it for a week so that maybe the nib would get saturated again and it did, but again I wasn't able to do a perfect line. By the way I store all my liners upside down. It looks fine on the swatch because it did the line when the formula was fresh and I drew with the base of the nib.


I'm not going to say that what I got on the pictures was the best application I ever got with this liner, but this is better than it averagely performed overall, especially from the start when it did nothing. Of course, I got a decent line a couple of times, but I had no intention doing the pictures a thousand times. As you can see it worked relatively decently on the first eye, but by the second it was already too dry to complete the line. And that's not how such an expensive liner should perform in the first month of use.


The shape of the nib is perfect and it's pretty much identical to the one from Kardashian Beauty (mine is completely frayed). In fact this liner is remarkably similar to that one is almost every respect, apart from the formula. This would be the perfect liner if the formula worked the way it should.

I heard people say that this liner is great. If any of you has tried this liner, could you please tell me if I'm doing something wrong. But even so, it's a liner. It shouldn't be rocket science for me to be able to use it. The tester in the shop was so promising, so I'm devastated that after paying 17 € my liner never worked properly and I was never able to do a nice crisp line with a flick. This eyeliner was way to expensive to perform so irregularly. I'll be even more angry if I got a faulty one, but I'm not going to repurchase it to find out. I could get five Essence eyeliners for that money and at least those would last me more than five months, or I could try that Stila one everyone is raving about. I don't want to discourage you if you want to try it because the formula in the shop seemed perfect, but I won't be trying my luck again. I've been burned twice just this year, once by L'Oreal's and now by this one, which essentially means that I threw away 27 €, which makes me very, very angry.

It was 16.99 € in Müller.


Edit 22. July 2015: I don't know what exactly happened, must be some sort of a miracle worthy of attention of the Vatican, but one day the liner just started working. And perfectly, might I add. The entire applicator was very saturated with product and I could do even the smallest fixes. Now the tip is already a bit dry, but it's still performing much better than when I first got it. Regardless, I resent its initial problems because when I buy a liner, I want it to work, especially if it's as expensive as this one. 

Have a great day!