Essie Bahama Mama and Watermelon


Bahama Mama 

This might be one of the most popular Essie's shade and for good reason. It's just the right amount of warm purple with a hint of pink, making it the perfect deep berry-ish shade or as I call it Tyrian purple. It's vampy without being vampy and to me a softer, girlier version of Sole Mate. It's definitely a shade worth having in any collection.


The formula does not disappoint either. It's smooth, easy to apply evenly and it takes two coats for full opacity. The brush is just the right width, so it's a pleasure to use. I've become quite a fan of Essie nail polishes, though the price is step (I always wait for a 50% discount)


Sole Mate on the left and Bahama Mama on the right.


Watermelon

I bought this super summery colour in the grips of winter because sometimes you just need something bright and colourful when it's cold outside, right? Watermelon is a bright, warm pink shade, I see it as a more sophisticated Barbie colour. The formula of this shade is too die for good - seriously. If you ever tried Cute as a Button, this has the same formula. So smooth and pigmented, you can easily get away with just one coat. A fantastic nail polish. 
 

Cute as a Button and Watermelon.

Essie nail polishes cost 9.90 € in DM, but I always wait for a discount. 


My current Essie collection so far. From top row left to right: Spin the Bottle (LE), Mint Candy Apple, Turquoise and Caicos, Cute as a Button, Really Red, Watermelon, Bahama Mama, Sole Mate and After School Boy Blazer (LE).

Have a great day!